IS THE WORLD LANGUAGES MULTILITERACY PROGRAM RIGHT FOR MY CHILD?
With so many opportunities available to students parents are constantly faced with choosing the right opportunities for their students. This is no different when trying to decide whether or not to enroll your student in the World Language Academy.
Why World Language Academy?
Many people may have the belief that everyone speaks English, right? However, according to the 2010 Census it turns out that 20% of Americans do not speak English and only 5-6% of the world’s population speaks English as a primary language. Studying a foreign language has been linked to improving a student 's cognitive and critical thinking abilities.
Jobs within the Federal Government are continually challenged with gaining a greater understanding of global languages and cultures of our allies and enemies. According to Irene Thompson more than 80 agencies of the federal government rely of professionals with intermediate to high level competence in foreign languages.
American multinational corporations also need people with foreign language abilities in the US in order to compete in the global markets. Employees will need to be able to communicate and understand the culture of these foreign countries.
With less than 25% of kids being exposed to a second language, your child will have an advantage in our world gone global as well as their very own home and classroom.
Research also shows how Spanish Speaker benefit in the acquisition of the English language.
- K/1 (90/10)—English Language Development in English, all other subjects taught in Spanish
- 2 (80/20)—English Language Development in English, all other subjects taught in Spanish
- 3 (70/30)—English Langauge Development in English, some Language Arts in English
- 4 (60/40)—English Language Development in English, some Language Arts in English
- 5 (50/50)
- 6th- Social Science- 1 day English Language Arts, Spanish Language Arts (Optional)- new course
- 7th- Social Science- Either 7th or 8th must take Spanish Language Arts
- 8th- Social Science- Either 7th or 8th must take Spanish Language Arts
- 9th- Spanish Culture and Composition
- 10th- Mount San Jacinto College- Age requirement to lower- Spanish 101, 102- Mount San Jacinto College Spanish Department,
- or Advanced Placement Spanish
- 11th- Mount San Jacinto College201, 202 or Advanced Placement Spanish or Advanced Placement Literature
- 12th- Translation in Legal or Medical or Public Relations - (In curriculum development)